Chess Technology Night -- Ramon Leon has created a web page to accompany his series of presentations on chess technology:
Chess Technology Night
2018 Knoxville City Championship -- The Championship will be a six-player round robin, held at the chess club on five consecutive Thursdays: October 18, 2018, to November 15, 2018. There are two ways to qualify to play in the 2018 Knoxville City Chess Championship:
- The top finisher from each our five 2018 monthly Swiss tournaments -- held in January, March, May, July, and September -- will qualify to play in the City Championship.
- The player who doesn't win one of our five monthly Swiss tournaments, but scores the most points cumulatively in them throughout 2018 -- will qualify to play in the City Championship. (Both wins and draws count toward the cumulative total.)
- If anyone qualifies for the Championship but is unable to play in it, his replacement will come from our September monthly Swiss, which we call the Qualifier Tournament.
2013 GKCC Membership Rates --
Rates go into effect on March 1, 2013.
- Adult Membership: $20 / year.
- Junior Membership: Under 12 - $10 / year.
- Family Junior Membership (two or more children under 18, from the same family, joining the club on the same day) - $10 / year each child.
Bereolos -- Knoxville
City Chess Champion Pete Bereolos has been awarded the FIDE Master
Dues Policy -- Starting on January 1,
2002, club memberships will expire one year
from the date they were purchased. No longer
will everyone's membership expire on the
last day of the year.
Memberships can be renewed when less than
three months remain before their expiration.
Multi-year memberships will not be available.
Dickerson has written a book detailing
what the scholastic chess player needs to
know. GKCC members can buy a copy at a special
Pete Bereolos's chess Web page:
Bereolos: The Official Chess Page of Peter Bereolos
to Top | Back
Calendar | News
ch | Champs
List | Policy |
tables | Links | Club
Info | Photos | Facebook |